CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Mourning the loss of our dear refridgerator!

It is with great sadness that I report to you we lost a dear friend today. Our family friend of almost 6 years has died. We woke up this morning to find our freezer at a balmy 54'. Everything had melted! Most everything in the refridgerator part was ok. I guess it is a good way to get the freezer cleaned out. I have been hauling things out to our old fridge in the garage. What a mess. the repair man figures it has been out for 72 hours! How weird is that, well we were out of town on Monday am to Tuesday pm for continuing ed. We were not home to realize this. The repair man came over this morning and said it is the mother board. That sounds bad. He says he has to order a new one, not sure how much that will cost. I told him to check with Paul before he actually orders it. It may be cheaper to get a new fridge. It is amazing to me how much we take for granted. It is not easy to be without a fridge in your house! I didn't think an appliance like that would wear out so soon. We bought it when we moved into our house in July of 2004, that doesn't seem very old to me. I don't even think I can make dinner tonight. I am at a loss. How can we function? Maybe we will have to go out to eat tonight, good excuse anyway!
I will keep you posted on the repairs or if we have to get a new fridge. I am not liking this stuff. Oh, the woes of being a home owner.
thanks for checking on us.
We are all doing good, enjoying the signs of spring! I will post again soon
Tammi

2 comments:

  1. So sad!! My FIL cleans and dusts mine and cleans a dog out of it every time. BUt your dog doesn't shed, so it should have not been that. I would love a new fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YIKES-- hope you get it fixed soon or get a new one. I'm with you about tonight... the perfect excuse to get to go out to eat!!
    Good luck and hope it's all well soon :)
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete