hello all Did you remember to set your clocks back 1 hour??
I am a little tired today. I don't like when we have to change the clocks ahead. It takes me a few days to get used to it, plus the fact that I was up two nights in a row until 2am. Yikes! Friday night I hosted scrapbooking and we scrapped until 2am. Saturday night we were subs for a pinochle group in Linton, we played until 2am. It was a lot of fun, but makes me very tired. Needless to say, I have very little energy today. Charlie and I are home today, I would love to take a nap, but how is that possible with a four year old running around? Guess I will have to get to bed earlier tonight.
It is a very dreary day outside, cloudy and overcast. We drove around last night
to check out the flood situation. The creek behind our house is very high and running over. It looks like we will have some flooding, but nothing like last year. People are filling sand bags and putting them around their houses. What a scary time for some people.
Friday night we had Jack's second wrestling match. It was in Linton. Jack took 3rd and got a medal. He was very excited. We all went to watch him. Loy and Steve came down to see him too, he was VERY excited to have them come to watch him wrestle. I do get a little nervous, I don't want him to get hurt. We brought Charlie's Nintendo DS, it really keeps him occupied while we watch Jack. Well, he was having a blast playing his DS with 2 other little girls. When he was done, he gave it back to me and I put it in the case. One of the little girls asked if she could play it and I gave it to her. When we got ready to leave, Paul took the boys to the pizza shop and I went scrapbooking. We are not sure where the DS went. This morning, I realized that I haven't seen it all weekend. We have the case, but it is empty. I called the school to see if anyone had turned it in, but the secretary didn't have anything! She was going to check with the wrestling coaches and the janitors and call me back. I would bet someone found it and took it. I don't want to sound negative, but where else could it be. I am thinking the little girl finished playing it and set it down and went on her merry way. I would hope if someone found it, they would turn it in. I have to believe that there are honest people out there. If my child brought home a toy, I would sure take it back. I weould think a parent would notice a new DS if their child had one. The bad thing is, this is the 2nd one we have lost. I did say a prayer to saint Anthony, I am waiting for him to come through. Saint Anthony is the patron Saint of lost items. if you pray to him, he will help you find your lost item. I am anxious for the boys to get home from school to ask them about it. One of them brought home the empty DS case, I just hope someone saw it and we will find it again. It could also be in the folded up in the bleachers, I just want to find it and get it back. It is too expensive to lose. I can't even blame Charlie, I gave it to the little girl. I should know better! Well, from now on, I will not share things like that with other kids.
Last night I made an awesome supper, mashed potaotes and gravy, corn, apples, cream dementhe cake and an awesome roast. I got the recipe from my mom, I have wanted to try it, so last night I finally did. It was very good. Here is the recipe if you want to try it. Please let me know what you think.....
Best Beef Roast
1 4lb roast without a bone
2 jars beef gravy
1 pkt onion soup mix
small bottle italian dressing
mix ingredients together and pour over roast. bake at 350 for 3 hours. Take roast out and slice. Place back in gravy and bake another hour. We loved it and had hardly any left. Yummy!!!!
It is almost lunch time, Paul will be home soon. What to make for lunch? I have such dilemas in my life.
I will keep you posted on the DS situation. Say a prayer to St. Anthony for me, it can't hurt.
See ya later
Tammi
Monday, March 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment