CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 3, 2009

There is a First Time for Everything!!!!!!

Hello all. I am so surprised at what happened to me yesterday, I just have to tell you about my day. First of all I had a Dentist appt yesterday. I have been really suffering with what I thought was either TMJ or my 4 wisdom teeth that are through. I have been having tightness in my jaw, headaches, pain in my neck and shoulders, even my ears hurt. I broke down and made an appt with our dentist. Did I mention that I HATE going to the dentist??? I just had enough. I was very nervous about this visit because I was sure I was going to have my wisdom teeth pulled. So off we went to Bismarck to see Dr. Kay, which by the way is an very awesome dentist! She is so nice and made me feel so much better. I wasn't going to have my teeth cleaned because I was too worried about the wisom teeth removal, but they had time, so the hygienist said we would go ahead. Let me tell you she had her work cut out for her. I do not go to the dentist. I know, I know I need to go. Well, she had to remove a lot of tarter. Now that all of you are totally grossed out, I will continue with me story. I had full x-rays, cleaning and she measured and counted my teeth. It was quite the ordeal. I have always had such a hard time flossing and brushing way in the back and my teeth are very close together. When Dr. Kay came in, she was very surprised that I had such healthy teeth. She did a lot of poking and pushing on my jaw. She said that I didn't have a horrible bite, it was off a little so I do not need to have my wisdom teeth removed at this time. She said that they were all very straight and seemed to be ok. Whew, what a relief. She said it was TMJ, but my bite was good enough that I didn't require an appliance. Thank God!!!!! She felt that I needed to go to a physical therapist who specializes in TMJ, so she will refer me to one in Bismarck. I have never heard of physical therapy on your jaw. She said I will be amazed at how much better I feel. YEAH, I hope this requires lots and lots of facial massages. Now for the scary part, she found a little bit of decay on 2 teeth. Yes, I know you are amazed, as was I. At 41 years of age, I have my first cavity!!!!!!!! I have to go back for 2 fillings. The decay is right on top of the teeth and there isn't too much, so hopefully not much drilling. Can you believe that, how crazy is that. Wish me luck, I am a little nervous. I have never had novacaine or fillings or anything! Dr. Kay said she didn't feel too sorry for me since I hadn't had any yet. I have to promise her that I will floss my teeth once a day, every day. I went straight to WalMart and bought floss and new toothpaste. I will update you on the filling prcedure and the physical therapy.

2 comments:

  1. You should try Ron. I know he has done PT for TMJ here before. Just a thought. Good luck. I have to go in October for a filling, because I have a cavity, because I don't floss. My own fault. I have been very good lately about brushing and flossing at night, but that only lasts for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tammi! Way to go being brave... that takes a lot to go to the dentist--you did good!!
    I've never even heard of Physical Therapy for TMJ. I'll be curious to see how that goes and I hope it helps.
    I bet when you go back in to get the fillings you'll be brave again and do just great! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :)
    You crack me up!!!
    Hope you guys have a great,long weekend.
    Love,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete