Hello all
I wanted to send an update on my physical therapy. I have had 2 sessions. Last week was my first, it was very interesting. I didn't realize how many facial muscles you have. Everything is connected, so when you have a problem, it just goes on and on. Now, I understand why I have headaches, neck pain, jaw pain, shoulder pain and facial pain. The therapist didn't do too much the first visit because I was so inflammed. He did do some ultrasound massage with a gel to help reduce the inflamation. He has me take 2 ibuprofen 2x a day for the next week. He gave me three different exercises to do each day. I really like him and feel very comfortable with him. He said it usually takes 4 to 6 times to get my tmj under control. I will never been healed, but should be free of problems and if and when the issues come back, I will know how to exercise to reduce the swelling and be free of pain again.
This past Tuesday, I went for another visit, he did a lot of manipulation. It hurt a little, but it was a good hurt. I was sore for the rest of the day. He did some massage inside of my mouth, moving my jaw and pushing on my cheeks. Then he massaged my neck and shoulders. I could have layed there all day! I have to go back again next week. I sure hope it helps, I am so tired of being sore. I have another exercise to do for my shoulders. I also need to watch what I eat, some foods are so hard to eat and really cause me pain. He said I will never eat gum again or eat a whole apple, I need to slice my apples first. Who would have thought that my jaw could cause so many problems. I would never believe the pain and discomfort if I didn't experience it myself. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.
Hopefully I will see some changes soon. I will keep you updated.
thanks for checking in on us!
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Glad to hear it's going good. Have fun in the cities.
ReplyDeleteLast night we got Karady to say Jack. It comes out much clearer that Charlie. WE miss you guys. You know how the summer gets. WE will plan to visit soon.
ReplyDelete