CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of School

Will and Jack heading off to school.
I have taken a picture of them in front of this wall for years.
It is fun to see how they grow from year to year
Jack and his Twins stuff

Will is so proud of his Colts backpack

Hello again.

Today was our first day of school. We have had a very busy week, so I am afraid the boys were a bit tired for their first day of school. We bought a few new clothes and tennis shoes for each of them. They were more excited for their school supplies. Will got a Colts backpack and Colts stuff for his locker and colts supplies. Jack got Twins stuff and he is going to use his Twins backpack from last year.
Jack is in 2nd grade this year. He said this morning that he is excited to see all of his friends again. Jack is such a social butterfly and so friendly to all. He will have a good year in 2nd grade, he has an awesome teacher and all of his friends are in his class.

Will started middle school this year, he is in 6th grade. I can't believe he is so old already, I still feel like he is my "baby". He was a little nervous with all the changes in middle school. He has to change teachers each hour and has a locker com to worry about. We went up to the school last week to get his locker and practice his com. It took him a couple tries, but he got it. This morning Jack and I walked with him to his locker and he opened it on his first try. I know he felt better after that.

Charlie and I had a lazy morning at home, it felt really good to relax and just be home. Charlie asked me this morning "Where are my boys" he will miss them. Of course, I did some laundry and Charlie watched cartoons. We went to the grocery store and had lunch with daddy. It looks like we are all back into the swing of a new school year. I hope the boys had a great first day!

1 comment:

  1. What cute pictures from their first day of school :) They sure look proud of their backpacks --too cute!
    I can totally related with middle school, since Jeven just started middle school too. Jeven was so excited about getting a locker. She's already decorated it...he he!
    Glad the boys are doing good.
    By the way, I love reading your blog, and also, not sure if I told you, but I love your blog background... it's so cute!
    Love,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete