Grandma, Will and Jack having donuts
My grandma came to Linton for a visit. She stayed with us from Monday until Thursday afternoon. She lives in Theif River Falls, MN. My grandpa died 19 days after Paul and I got married, so Paul never got to know him. We had such a nice visit. She is the only grandma that I have. She is such a sweet lady. She is almost 86 and to me doesn't look much past her sixty's. I hope I look that good when I am her age. It was fun to hear her stories about when she had her kids all at home. She had 4 girls and 3 boys. Her youngest is only 2 years older then I am. I always remember when we would visit, she made chocolate chip cookies and homemade buns. Yummy!!!!! We didn't do too much when she was here, it was fun to just visit. She hadn't been to our house since Charlie was 3 months old. The boys enjoyed her too. She went to swimming lessons with us, we played cards, went out to eat, went to morning mass and just had fun.
I hope she can come back sometime soon.
We are getting ready for school to start again, they start on Monday, August 24. Will is going to be in 6th grade and Jack will be in 2nd grade. Tuesday we are going to Bemidji to see my family. we don't have much planned, hopefully relaxing and playing with cousins. I will post about our trip later. bye for now!

Isn't it amazing how these 'special Grammies" (this is what my kids call my grandma) are to us and to our children? I never realized just how special my grandparents were to my children until my grandfather passed away on June 30th.
ReplyDeleteWe are so blessed...