CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 16, 2011

Minneapolis trip

Hello all
This is pretty sad, I promised I would write more often and it has already been over a month.  Where does the time go?  We had an awesome weekend in Minneapolis.  We left Linton at 12:00pm Thursday and heading for the Twin cities.  We were all so excited.  It was kind of a rainy weekend, but we managed to find things to do.  Thursday night we arrived at about 6:30pm, checked into our hotel, went to Green Mill for dinner and did a little swimming.  The Green Mill is awesome!  It took me about 15 minutes to decide what to order, everything looked so good.  The boys had a great time swimming.  It was very relaxing and quiet.  Friday we went to the University of Minnesota for the Mortuary Science graduation.  That was fun.  we saw 2 instructors from when we attended 20 years ago.  It really does not seem possible that Paul and I went to the "U" 20 years ago.  I don't really feel any older.  We saw my old boss, the one I had right out of college and the funeral director that I worked under when I was a night attendant at the funeral home.  It brought back so many fun memories.  College was so much fun and we did so many fun things.  We had a very fun dinner at Bucca De Beppo.   It is an Italian family style restaurant.  The food was so good, everyone loved it and had a great time.  Congrats Adam!  It sure has been fun reliving our college days through you!  We are very excited to have you come back to Linton to work with us.  Friday night we all hung out by the pool and visited until after 1pm.  The boys swam and we had a few drinks and a lot of laughs.  Saturday we had planned to go to the Twins game, however it rained and rained and the high was only about 45'.  we decided to go to the Mall of  America instead.  The boys went on rides at the Nickalodean theme park and we had fun people watching.  There are some very strange people in this world.  We ended up back at our hotel for dinner and more swimming.  Sunday, we were headed back home, but not before a trip to the outlet mall in Albertville.  I could spend a day there.  They boys are starting to have their favorite stores too and love to shop.  The boys all needed summer clothes so they got most of the shopping time.  I did get a new purse and a pair of shoes.  It was nice to get home, we were all tired.  We had a great time.  Paul talked about maybe going again sometime this summer to get a Twins game in, but who knows they may pay us to go if things don't imporve.  They haven't been doing very well. 
This is the last week of school, they boys are happy.  They like school, but I think they are ready for a break.  They will have a busy summer with basketball camp, football camp, swimming lessons and all 3 of them will play ball.  Will in Babe Ruth baseball, Jack in pee-wee baseball and Charlie in T-ball.  If you can't find us go to the diamonds and I am sure we will be there.  Come say hi. 
Will is also hoping to do some baby sitting, he is 13 now, so I feel more comfortable letting him babysit.  He does watch his brothers and now wants to start a little bit for others.  so, if you need a sitter give him call!
I better go for now, I would love to make a Bismarck trip today, but the day is almost 1/2 over and I am still typing on this computer.    Bye for now, enjoy the sun!
Tammi

No comments:

Post a Comment