hello all
Did I ever mention that I just hate it when my family is sick? I really despise it. It makes me very nervous. They will all testify that I am a nut job when it comes to sickness. I just want to make them feel better, but I irritate them in the process. Paul says I ask way to often if he is feeling better..... at least I ask, right?
A few weeks ago Charlie had the headache and fever crud. He looked so sad. He kept telling that his forehead hurt. He really had nothing else wrong, motrin would help, but when it was gone, he was miserable. He was sick for 3 days, but the 4th day, he was smiling and very hungry again. It was so nice to have my little Charlie back again.
A few weeks later, I picked up Will at school and I could tell right away that he was sick. He had a fever and a bad headache. His cheeks were bright red. We did take Will in to the doctor because he had a sore throat. Just to be safe. no strep throat, just a virus. He also had it for 3 days. He missed 2 days of school and the first day of girls state basketball. He wasn't too happy that he missed the game.
A few weeks later and poor Jack gets a horrible sore throat and headache along with a stomach ache. I knew he had strep, that is the symptoms he gets with strep. We head up to Bismarck early Sunday morning to check it out. When we got to Bismarck the clinic was FULL. It was awful. There was hardly a chair left. Jack had a fever of 103.6. Another "mother of the year award" for me. How does a child get that high of a fever. He was miserable. when his motrin finally started to work, he was much better. He got a postivie strep result and a negative influenza A result. Did I mention that he wasn't at all impressed with the swab shoved up into each nostril. Try that with a high fever. I also forgot to mention that Will and Charlie are very quiet when they are sick. they just lay around and wait for medicine. I didn't even hear from them, I had to go to them to gives drinks and medicine. well, not my little Jack, he really lets you know when he is sick. I know he was miserable, but it made me feel worse to listen to him moan and groan. Sometimes he would cry. I spent many hours rubbing his head. I loved being able to relax him and hold him, but he isn't a good patient. I love you Jack, but someday your poor wife will have her hands full when you get sick. Jack very rarely gets sick so that is good. Thank God, we don't have too many virus's through our house, but when we do look out!
I thought we were over it. Today Paul wakes up with a headache. not a real bad one, but enough to be irritating. He doesn't have a sore throat, just the headache. I think he is over tired, he has been going non stop for over a month. He is a good patient, but I drive him crazy. Some one told us today they also had a headache for 2 days, so it must be some bug going around. I hope these crazy bugs are out of our house now.
I better close for now, hopefully it will be a quiet weekend for us. nothing much planned. YEAH!!!!
well, we have wrestling for Jack in New Salem tomorrow morning. After that we are free...woo hoo.
ok bye for now.
Tammi
Friday, April 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

being sick SUCKS, plain and simple. I was hoping we were over it too, but Kameron has some kind of "nose" thing, honestly that is how he describes it to me, helpful. Anyhow, i have a scratchy throat and I pray that Kynlee doesn't get it before we leave town! BOOOOOOO to being sick. After Influenza A in February at our house I was hoping for a healthy spring! GET WELL SOON SANNES'!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you guys have had a bad run with bugs lately. I'm sorry to hear that. At our school kids are SO sick right now with Strep, fevers, the flu, and a nasty stomach bug. It's awful. I hope you are all feeling back to normal very soon.
ReplyDeletePS...I love the look of your blog...it's SO CUTE and Springy!
Also....glad you're back to blogging! I missed you :)